looking for something?

Sunday, June 3, 2012

just a little walk in the woods.

My muse and I hadn't seen each other in what seemed to be eons, so we decided to grab or cameras and a coffee (chai latte) and go for a walk, because that is what we do-sometimes. We first attempted downtown Langley, but feeling no hit of inspiration we decided to try Campbell valley park. It is a beautiful park and a nice walk. It is also a very large park. 
It was already evening so there was that special glow.
We (she) parked at 16th entrance and away we went chatting and taking pictures of trees and grass and such. (I didn't really get pictures of the and such).

We made it to the Langley Speedway in no time and I say "hey let's go up those stairs I think there is a good view of the equestrian field". . . I was thinking of somewhere else.
So looking at the boring field we turn to see a path and I say "I think that might go to the 8th entrance" Apparently she had never been to that one so we decided to go there. 
I was wrong.
It was a road.
We went back into the woods. Same park, different path.
By now it was getting dark, we still tried to take some pictures as we went.

Then my lovely Muse says "Wouldn't it be funny if it started to downpour right now!?"
ya hilarious.
It started to rain.
We did find a sign that pointed toward 16th and we followed that path.
Eventually we found our way to a road. Judging by the mailbox address we figured we were on 8th not 16th as hoped. As we walked the road away from the dead end we passed 212th and realized this too was a dead end.
I gave a quick call to my hubby to tell him where we were and although he wanted to pick us then I of course said "oh no, I'm sure we can find our way now" (Ha ha).
Another path back into the woods looped back to the path we had come out on.
Now we realized a)it's flippin' dark without a flashlight, and
b)her car will be locked in.

By now we were moving like we were on a mission, our faces were on fire. We found the road again, this time 208th and I called hubby again. He agreed to pick us up and we met a ways down the road. He drove around to the 16th parking lot but it LOOKED locked. Stopped at my place to pee and rehydrate then (although she was welcome to stay)   I drove  My friend to her in-laws. I heard the next day the gate wasn't actually locked :).
  I am so happy to have shared my adventure with someone who appreciates the humor and adventure of it all. also so grateful for a husband willing to come "rescue" us and that we didn't end up in the swamp.
                                                                  supper fantastic fun times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment